How to Hire a Garage Door Contractor near Weston Missouri
When you need to find a garage door repair service near Weston MO, it is often an emergency situation. After all, we live in a society that is dependent on our automobiles. Perhaps you pushed the button on your remote control and the door didn’t open, so now you are stuck. And of course it always happens when you are in a hurry to go somewhere. You just put a new battery in, so that’s not the problem. After doing some basic troubleshooting, you realize that you need a professional to solve the problem. But how do you choose a company that is not only experienced but will provide an exceptional service at a reasonable price? A residential garage door contractor may be a small shop or part of a larger home improvement company. In addition to being skilled at replacing garage doors, openers and torsion springs, there are a few additional qualifications the service you choose should have as well. So let’s review them in more detail and learn how to hire the best garage door opener repair service for your job.
Garage Door Installation and Repair
Having your garage door or opener repaired or replaced are jobs that you want done properly. They are typically not jobs that you would entrust to a local handyman or a so called Mister Fix-it. Professional garage door technicians have both the expertise and the equipment to get your job done right. They obtain specialized training to handle the most complex repairs and installations. And depending on your State of residence, many of the services performed by a garage door repair firm in Weston MO may require special licensing, so be sure to check for the proper credentials. Some of the repair, replacement and installation services offered by a garage door repairman may include:
- Garage Door Installation, Repair or Replace
- Broken Hinges Repair or Replace
- Commercial Overhead Doors Install or Replace
- Roll Up Garage Doors Install or Replace
- Opener and Remote Installation or Repair
- Panel Replacement or Repair
- Rolling Grille Install or Replace
- Torsion Spring Replacement
- Weather Stripping and Insulation Replacement
- Locks and Keypads Installation
Choosing A Garage Door Service
Not every Weston MO garage door contractor in your area has the same level of expertise or experience. Skills and quality control can vary from repairman to repairman. Therefor it is extremely important that you take the time to find a highly trained and seasoned professional and not just pick the first one listed in the phone book. Make sure that the garage door repair professional understands the work that you want done first to ensure that you are hiring the right person. Also let them know the quality of the work and materials that you expect so that there are no misunderstandings when the job is completed. Following are some additional areas to review before making a final decision.
- Obtain references, referrals or recommendations. One of the best ways to find a reputable and skilled Weston MO garage door repair service is to ask for a referral from friends or family, or from a service that screens local garage door repair specialists in your area. When you speak with a representative of the service, ask for at least three references that you can speak with. Ask the previous customers how prompt and courteous the contractor was in performing the job. Did the final bill come in at the quoted price and was the customer satisfied with the quality of the work performed.
- Obtain estimates. Once you have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 local Weston MO garage door repairmen, make sure that you receive estimates for the work to be performed. Compare the estimates to make sure that each is quoting based on the same job description. Make sure that any peripheral work needed is included in the estimate, such as hauling away the old garage door. A garage door referral service will put you in contact with several pre-screened contractors that will be happy to provide a quote either by phone as well as email.
- Get the contract or job order in writing. Once you have made your final decision and are ready to hire a garage door repair company in Weston MO, have them draw up a written contract for your review. For smaller jobs, such as replacing the garage door torsion springs, it may just be a basic job order showing the cost to replace the springs. For more complex jobs, such as installing a complete new garage door system, a contract detailing the cost, items included, start and completion dates, as well as warranty and insurance information are a must. A deposit and payment schedule should also be established up front in writing so that there are no misunderstandings when the job begins.
A Bit About Weston Missouri
Lewis and Clark Expedition stopped at "Bear Medison" island, near the location of today's city hall. Weston was the oldest settlement in the Platte Purchase of 1836 and was therefore also the farthest western settlement (thus, "West Town") in the United States until the admission of Texas as a state in 1845. Another suggested origin is related to a story about a discharged US Army dragoon by the name of Joseph Moore. He bought the land and then had First Sergeant Tom Weston of D Company, First Dragoons, stationed at Fort Leavenworth across the Missouri River, lay out a town plan. It is this individual the town is named for.
Weston was at one time the second largest port on the Missouri river, surpassing both Kansas City and St. Joseph and one point shortly after its founding it claimed to be the second largest city in Missouri. A flood in 1881 shifted the river into an old channel some 2 miles away. In 1850 over 265 steamboats a year docked at the Port of Weston.
The Weston Brewing Company was first established in 1842 by German immigrant, John Georgian, and was one of the first lager beer breweries in the U.S. Five arched, limestone cellars, dug to a depth of 55 feet below ground, were constructed to create the ideal conditions for Georgian’s lager beer which needed to be stored below 60 degrees. The brewery closed in 1919 when prohibition, otherwise known as "the great experiment", was signed into law. In 2005 the Weston Brewing Company reopened and one of the cellars now houses a unique bar which requires patrons to descend down through a small rock faced tunnel to get to the large, cool, cavern like bar.
The McCormick Distillery, Missouri District Warehouse, Pleasant Ridge United Baptist Church, Sugar Creek Site, and Weston Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hire the Right Weston Garage Door Repair Company
Well, there you have it. Finding and hiring the right garage door repair contractor in Weston MO is easier than you thought. And you can start the process by requesting your free quotes now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed garage door repair persons servicing your area. Garage door installation experts are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Request your free quotes and find the right professional at the right price now!