How to Hire a Garage Door Contractor near Moulton Alabama
When you need to find a garage door repair service near Moulton AL, it is often an emergency situation. After all, we live in a society that is dependent on our automobiles. Perhaps you pushed the button on your remote control and the door didn’t open, so now you are stuck. And of course it always happens when you are in a hurry to go somewhere. You just put a new battery in, so that’s not the problem. After doing some basic troubleshooting, you realize that you need a professional to solve the problem. But how do you choose a company that is not only experienced but will provide an exceptional service at a reasonable price? A residential garage door contractor may be a small shop or part of a larger home improvement company. In addition to being skilled at replacing garage doors, openers and torsion springs, there are a few additional qualifications the service you choose should have as well. So let’s review them in more detail and learn how to hire the best garage door opener repair service for your job.
Garage Door Installation and Repair
Having your garage door or opener repaired or replaced are jobs that you want done properly. They are typically not jobs that you would entrust to a local handyman or a so called Mister Fix-it. Professional garage door technicians have both the expertise and the equipment to get your job done right. They obtain specialized training to handle the most complex repairs and installations. And depending on your State of residence, many of the services performed by a garage door repair firm in Moulton AL may require special licensing, so be sure to check for the proper credentials. Some of the repair, replacement and installation services offered by a garage door repairman may include:
- Garage Door Installation, Repair or Replace
- Broken Hinges Repair or Replace
- Commercial Overhead Doors Install or Replace
- Roll Up Garage Doors Install or Replace
- Opener and Remote Installation or Repair
- Panel Replacement or Repair
- Rolling Grille Install or Replace
- Torsion Spring Replacement
- Weather Stripping and Insulation Replacement
- Locks and Keypads Installation
Choosing A Garage Door Service
Not every Moulton AL garage door contractor in your area has the same level of expertise or experience. Skills and quality control can vary from repairman to repairman. Therefor it is extremely important that you take the time to find a highly trained and seasoned professional and not just pick the first one listed in the phone book. Make sure that the garage door repair professional understands the work that you want done first to ensure that you are hiring the right person. Also let them know the quality of the work and materials that you expect so that there are no misunderstandings when the job is completed. Following are some additional areas to review before making a final decision.
- Obtain references, referrals or recommendations. One of the best ways to find a reputable and skilled Moulton AL garage door repair service is to ask for a referral from friends or family, or from a service that screens local garage door repair specialists in your area. When you speak with a representative of the service, ask for at least three references that you can speak with. Ask the previous customers how prompt and courteous the contractor was in performing the job. Did the final bill come in at the quoted price and was the customer satisfied with the quality of the work performed.
- Obtain estimates. Once you have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 local Moulton AL garage door repairmen, make sure that you receive estimates for the work to be performed. Compare the estimates to make sure that each is quoting based on the same job description. Make sure that any peripheral work needed is included in the estimate, such as hauling away the old garage door. A garage door referral service will put you in contact with several pre-screened contractors that will be happy to provide a quote either by phone as well as email.
- Get the contract or job order in writing. Once you have made your final decision and are ready to hire a garage door repair company in Moulton AL, have them draw up a written contract for your review. For smaller jobs, such as replacing the garage door torsion springs, it may just be a basic job order showing the cost to replace the springs. For more complex jobs, such as installing a complete new garage door system, a contract detailing the cost, items included, start and completion dates, as well as warranty and insurance information are a must. A deposit and payment schedule should also be established up front in writing so that there are no misunderstandings when the job begins.
A Bit About Moulton Alabama
Moulton is a city in Lawrence County, Alabama, United States and is included in the Decatur Metropolitan Area, as well as the Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area. Although it incorporated in 1819, along with its rival of Courtland, to compete for the honor of county seat, it did not first appear on the U.S. Census rolls until 1900. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city is 3,471, its record high. The city has been the county seat of Lawrence County since 1820. It has been the largest community in the county since the 1920 U.S. Census.
By the time Alabama became a state in 1819, an inn had been erected at the site of what is now Moulton to serve migrants along the various early paths that passed through the area. Shortly after Alabama achieved statehood, both Moulton and Courtland (to the north) incorporated and competed for the county seat of Lawrence County. Governor Thomas Bibb awarded the seat to Moulton as the most centrally located of the two within the county. The city is named for Lieutenant Michael Moulton, a soldier killed while fighting under General Andrew Jackson at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend in 1814.
Moulton is located at 34°28′56″N 87°17′8″W / 34.48222°N 87.28556°W / 34.48222; -87.28556 (34.482307, -87.285621). The city is concentrated along Alabama State Route 33 southwest of Decatur. Alabama State Route 24 passes through the northern part of the city, and Alabama State Route 157 passes through its eastern section. The William B. Bankhead National Forest lies to the southwest of Moulton.
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,471 people, 1,482 households, and 912 families residing in the city. The population density was 552.1 people per square mile (213.3/km²). There were 1,486 housing units at an average density of 251.7 per square mile (97.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 78.2% White, 13.1% Black or African American, 4.1% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 4.1% from two or more races. 1.6% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Hire the Right Moulton Garage Door Repair Company
Well, there you have it. Finding and hiring the right garage door repair contractor in Moulton AL is easier than you thought. And you can start the process by requesting your free quotes now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed garage door repair persons servicing your area. Garage door installation experts are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Request your free quotes and find the right professional at the right price now!