How to Hire a Garage Door Contractor near Addison Alabama
When you need to find a garage door repair service near Addison AL, it is often an emergency situation. After all, we live in a society that is dependent on our automobiles. Perhaps you pushed the button on your remote control and the door didn’t open, so now you are stuck. And of course it always happens when you are in a hurry to go somewhere. You just put a new battery in, so that’s not the problem. After doing some basic troubleshooting, you realize that you need a professional to solve the problem. But how do you choose a company that is not only experienced but will provide an exceptional service at a reasonable price? A residential garage door contractor may be a small shop or part of a larger home improvement company. In addition to being skilled at replacing garage doors, openers and torsion springs, there are a few additional qualifications the service you choose should have as well. So let’s review them in more detail and learn how to hire the best garage door opener repair service for your job.
Garage Door Installation and Repair
Having your garage door or opener repaired or replaced are jobs that you want done properly. They are typically not jobs that you would entrust to a local handyman or a so called Mister Fix-it. Professional garage door technicians have both the expertise and the equipment to get your job done right. They obtain specialized training to handle the most complex repairs and installations. And depending on your State of residence, many of the services performed by a garage door repair firm in Addison AL may require special licensing, so be sure to check for the proper credentials. Some of the repair, replacement and installation services offered by a garage door repairman may include:
- Garage Door Installation, Repair or Replace
- Broken Hinges Repair or Replace
- Commercial Overhead Doors Install or Replace
- Roll Up Garage Doors Install or Replace
- Opener and Remote Installation or Repair
- Panel Replacement or Repair
- Rolling Grille Install or Replace
- Torsion Spring Replacement
- Weather Stripping and Insulation Replacement
- Locks and Keypads Installation
Choosing A Garage Door Service
Not every Addison AL garage door contractor in your area has the same level of expertise or experience. Skills and quality control can vary from repairman to repairman. Therefor it is extremely important that you take the time to find a highly trained and seasoned professional and not just pick the first one listed in the phone book. Make sure that the garage door repair professional understands the work that you want done first to ensure that you are hiring the right person. Also let them know the quality of the work and materials that you expect so that there are no misunderstandings when the job is completed. Following are some additional areas to review before making a final decision.
- Obtain references, referrals or recommendations. One of the best ways to find a reputable and skilled Addison AL garage door repair service is to ask for a referral from friends or family, or from a service that screens local garage door repair specialists in your area. When you speak with a representative of the service, ask for at least three references that you can speak with. Ask the previous customers how prompt and courteous the contractor was in performing the job. Did the final bill come in at the quoted price and was the customer satisfied with the quality of the work performed.
- Obtain estimates. Once you have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 local Addison AL garage door repairmen, make sure that you receive estimates for the work to be performed. Compare the estimates to make sure that each is quoting based on the same job description. Make sure that any peripheral work needed is included in the estimate, such as hauling away the old garage door. A garage door referral service will put you in contact with several pre-screened contractors that will be happy to provide a quote either by phone as well as email.
- Get the contract or job order in writing. Once you have made your final decision and are ready to hire a garage door repair company in Addison AL, have them draw up a written contract for your review. For smaller jobs, such as replacing the garage door torsion springs, it may just be a basic job order showing the cost to replace the springs. For more complex jobs, such as installing a complete new garage door system, a contract detailing the cost, items included, start and completion dates, as well as warranty and insurance information are a must. A deposit and payment schedule should also be established up front in writing so that there are no misunderstandings when the job begins.
A Bit About Addison Alabama
As of the 2010 Census Addison had a population of 757. The population was 99.1% white, 0.1% black or African American, 0.1% Asian, 0.7% from two or more races and 0.4% Hispanic or Latino of any race.
As of the census of 2000, there were 723 people, 315 households, and 219 families residing in the town. The population density was 205.7 people per square mile (79.5/km²). There were 339 housing units at an average density of 96.5 per square mile (37.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 99.45% White, 0.14% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.14% Asian, and 0.14% from two or more races. 0.14% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 315 households out of which 30.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.0% were married couples living together, 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.2% were non-families. 28.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 2.78.
In the town, the population was spread out with 22.1% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 30.2% from 25 to 44, 24.9% from 45 to 64, and 14.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 93.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.0 males.
Hire the Right Addison Garage Door Repair Company
Well, there you have it. Finding and hiring the right garage door repair contractor in Addison AL is easier than you thought. And you can start the process by requesting your free quotes now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed garage door repair persons servicing your area. Garage door installation experts are standing by waiting to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Request your free quotes and find the right professional at the right price now!
More Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4
Bing: Addison AL Garage Door Repair Search results
Garage Door Repair Addison TX
Veteran Garage Doors’ repair services in Addison TX include: broken hinge replacement, loose chain belt and sensor repair, broken roller replacement, garage door cable and opener repair, bent section repair, broken spring replacement, bent tracks repair, door off track, gear sprocket repair, capacitor replacement and much more.
Addison IL Garage Door Repair | Garage Door Installation ...
Garage Door Spring Repair Addison IL The garage door spring is one of the most important components of the door operating mechanism because it helps open and close the door safely. The spring bears the weight of the door and ensures all movements are controlled.
Garage Door Repair in Addison, TX - Plano Overhead Door
Professional Garage Door Repair in Addison, TX. If your garage door has sustained damage or doesn’t open or close properly, don’t settle for its current condition. Instead, call Plano Overhead Garage Door for garage door services in Addison, TX. We can provide garage door maintenance and garage door repair to keep your garage door working properly and looking beautiful.
Garage Door Spring Repair Addison - Aladdin Garage Doors
Welcome to Aladdin Doors, your home for local, affordable, full-service garage door repair. For over 15 years we have specialized in garage door and garage door opener repairs, service, sales and maintenance. Garage doors are our passion.
Addison Garage Door Repair | No Drive Up Fee | 972-885-2987
When it comes to servicing garage door springs in Addison, we are the company you can count on to take care of the job. We replace and repair all kinds of garage door springs in both residential and commercial settings. Our team can handle extension springs, torsion springs, one piece springs, Torquemaster spring systems and EZ-Set spring systems.
Addison Garage Door Repair and Installation
We are your Addison Garage Door Repair specialists. If your overhead garage door needs it, we can take care of it for you. Our friendly and courteous staff are highly trained. Overhead door technicians will be able to offer a solution to the problem whether you garage door needs a simple repair or a complete replacement. We offer service within 1 hour.
Best 12 Garage Door Repair in Addison, AL with Reviews ...
Garage Door Repair in Addison, AL. i. About Search Results. YP - The Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. These factors are similar to those you might use to determine ...
Garage Door Repair Addison TX | Action Garage Door
For 30 years, Action Garage Door Repair Specialists have given residents all over Addison the garage door service that benefits them the most. For years, we have been providing residents all over Addison with the garage door service they need at a fair and affordable prices.